“Be the Best That You Can Be”
Mission Statement (Devised by all staff on 3rd September 2011)
To provide a safe environment where everyone has a voice and the right to be respected, and which gives every child the chance to achieve and enjoy being part of the community.
At Medina House we aim to:
- Develop a positive attitude to learning in a rich, stimulating and challenging yet safe environment.
- Build strong supportive relationships with parents, carers and families and to promote effective partnerships with other agencies.
- Provide every opportunity to experience and participate in the wider world as independently as possible.
- Increase awareness of our school in local communities
These aims are addressed in the following ways;
- By presenting a broad, balanced and appropriately differentiated curriculum opportunities and experiences relevant to our pupils’ needs.
- By striving for our pupil’s success; our work is characterised by a positive approach.
- By placing great emphasis on the development of personal qualities such as self-esteem, self-awareness, adaptability etc. Such qualities enable our children to use their skills in a variety of settings.
- By liaison and involvement with a variety of Island schools we ensure that our children gain knowledge, experience and understanding the island community in which they live.