“Be the Best That You Can Be”
To provide a safe environment where everyone has a voice and the right to be heard, listened to and respected, within which every child is given the appropriate support to be the best that they can be and enjoy being part of their community.
At Medina House we aim to:
- Develop a positive attitude to learning in a rich, stimulating and challenging yet safe environment.
- Build strong supportive relationships with parents, carers and families and to promote effective partnerships with other agencies.
- Provide every opportunity to experience and participate in the wider world as independently as possible.
- Increase awareness of our school in local communities
These aims are addressed in the following ways;
- By presenting a broad, balanced and appropriately differentiated curriculum opportunities and experiences relevant to our pupils’ needs.
- By striving for our pupil’s success; our work is characterised by a positive approach.
- By placing great emphasis on the development of personal qualities such as self-esteem, self-awareness, adaptability etc. Such qualities enable our children to use their skills in a variety of settings.
- By liaison and involvement with a variety of Island schools we ensure that our children gain knowledge, experience and understanding the island community in which they live.